UV Dripp / Hybrid
UV Dripp / Hybrid
Dripp / Hybrid effect is widely used in offset printing. This effect is achieved due to the reaction of gloss uv and conventional matt ink. The same can now be achieved through uv screen printing by two process. In the first process a full coat of gloss uv is given and for the second process, FM screen is prepared (where the effect is desired) and printed with dripp ink. Though best result is obtained on laminated foils, other materials like laminated boards, artcard, pvc etc can also be explored.
Substrates: Coated and laminated foil.
Printing Inks: Dripp ink – CMC 44220.
Effect Creation / Print Sequence: 1) Full gloss coat. 2) Dripp Ink via FM screen.
Cloth & Mesh: 165 polyester mesh.
Angle of Squeeze & Shore Hardness: Normal with shore hardness of 75.
Flood bar: Normal.
Technical Literature: 400.23.00
If FM screen positive is not possible then following two options are available
- In corel select the image in which you need the effect.
- Goto Fill and select Texture Patterns
- In samples choose Stucco pattern, for Shade – black color and Light – white and press ok
- Then goto Bitmaps and choose Convert to Bitmaps
- There choose Resolution – 300 dpi and Color Mode – black and white (1bit)
- The desired pattern will be formed and make a normal screen positive.
- In photoshop select the image layer in which you need the effect.
- Goto Filter and select Add Noise
- Select Uniform or Gaussian
- Adjust the amount of noise required
- Click ok to get the desired pattern and make a normal screen positive.
Standard and Legislation’s :
Shelf Life: 12 months from the date of manufacturing.
Storage: Store at moderate temperatures in a dry, well ventilated area and away from direct sunlight.
Pre-cautions : Use of gloves and eye wear is recommended.
Important Note : Strictly for over printing only. Cannot be overprinted.
Additional information : The information provided is based on extensive laboratory testing. Cure speeds depends on condition of UV lamps, reflectors, opacity and film thickness. We recommend that you pretest any ink prior to beginning a production run.
Standard and Legislations: For full details about our inks’ conformity with current standards, please refer to the document ECO SYSTEM LABEL by COLORS
Material safety data sheet available at : email@example.com
COLORS guarantee the quality of our products. We cannot however guarantee the finished results because we exercise no control over an individual operating procedures. Our responsibility is limited solely to the exchange of ink or varnish. The quality of a substrate to be printed can vary, as can an ink being overprinted; therefore the above information is given in good faith based on the state of our art and prior experience. This statement also applies to our technical assistance. When using our inks and varnishes on a new substrate or when changing operating procedures, we strongly recommend testing before use in a production situation to ensure full compatibility. Please refer to our General Conditions of Sales.